1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ and the Harmony 688 Remote

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Novi, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Novi

Novi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya...

Am in the middle of putting together a home theater system with a plasma etc and am going have a problem trying to get the missus to use the set up.

So was thinking about the Harmony 688 remote (from the US). It will work with all the other devices in my set up...however am not sure whether it would work with the Sky + box.

Can anyone help ??

Alternatively can some one give me the exact model number of a Sky+ box and then i can try checking with Logitech whether they support it ??

Thanks in advance !!

2. Borrower

Borrower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two of the Logitech remotes (including the 688) are now available in the UK, although there seems to be limited suppliers at the moment. see the logitech website for details.
    I too am looking into getting a 688 and whilst I cannot guarantee that it will work with Sky+ the reviews I have seen suggest that the code database is very good.
    If all else fails the remote allows you to reprogram from your existing Sky+ remote and then upload it back to the website.
    The only problem I can see at the moment is that the remote does not appear to have the colour buttons that Sky+ uses (red, blue, green, yellow). Although they could always be mapped onto the LCD.

3. modeller

modeller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the 659 and it works fine with sky+
    I've mapped the colour buttons onto the screen.
    Don't remember having to learn anything, used their codes.
    They're good remotes, much easier to setup than pronto's .. plus the smartstate is v. useful.