Sky and TalkTalk...

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Reaction score
A friend of mine has just had Sky HD installed, and then de-installed again. Apparently TalkTalk customers can't get a callback from the Sky box!!!!!!! Not sure if something else might be going on but does anyone have any ideas that I might be able to help him with???? The engineer (who is a competent installer) tried several boxes and cables apparently, but since they weren't able to get through to anyone useful at TalkTalk so have put it down to the talktalk system not letting a callback through. Not sure if he might need some strange device to dial to an outside line or whatnot, but if anyone does have an idea what might be going on help would be appreciated!!!

Sounds wierd to me.. don't talktalk simply use a prefix? It's still going over BT lines.

Back when I tried them you got a little dialler box that plugged into the main socket - this will probably need removing for sky.

My friend in question isn't exactly Mr Technical. So it's either a box like you guys say that he's probably been using for years and forgot about, or the engineer has given up trying to explain to him what exactly is wrong and has just blamed talktalk for it!!!!!

I am connected to a talktalk landline (via BT) and have sky HD.
No problems.

Have just popped over there myself and his HD box is running fine!! He must have got himself very confused over something but I have not a clue what. But to give you guys an idea how technical he is - he preferred the composite video input to the HDMI one until I just did a quick calibration on his HDMI input.

mickavery said:
I am connected to a talktalk landline (via BT) and have sky HD.
No problems.

Same here.:thumbsup:

have u seen tv ad. for talktalk were it says you get a new dvd player.

dandygirl

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom