sky+ and standard digibox

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Hi guys I am relative newbie and I was wondering if any of you could tell me where I can find the best deal for a Sky+ and a standard sky digibox which I acn use in another room . currently I am using NTL cable but they as yet dont offer any hard disc recorders.How much is it likely to cost me/

squirrely

sky.com is the only place you will get sky+,they do it in a package with mini dish and stb.

hornydragon

any sky reseller/intsaller will be able to sort you out. Either go to sky direct or check locals out (stay away from Chain stores as you might as well cut out middleman and go for sky direct)

Starburst

Novice Member
Originally posted by facundo
Hi guys I am relative newbie and I was wondering if any of you could tell me where I can find the best deal for a Sky+ and a standard sky digibox which I acn use in another room . currently I am using NTL cable but they as yet dont offer any hard disc recorders.How much is it likely to cost me/

Visit the SKY website which gives details of package and installation prices including combo deals.
If you have never had a SKY subsidised install before then you are entitled to one now which means a FREE standard digibox and install for a quid when ordered online.
Just had a quick look and as a new customer you can get a brand new SKY+ and installation with a FREE Minibox (no RGB or phono output) all for £199. This deal is with the SKYworld pakage (£40 a month) and the mirror subscription (£10 a month) You will need to meet the requirments of a standard install and have a phone connection for both boxes.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
thanks guys . would the phone connections have to be right by the digi boxes and would they have to be BT ones ? I have a Bt box which is disabled and two NTL ones, but they are in different rooms

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
No, the phone connections don't need to be anywhere near the box.

You just need a cable from the Sky box to wherever a phone socket is.

Greg

Starburst

Novice Member
Both boxes (if you are using the mirror sub) do have to be connected to the same phone line though so SKY can confirm that they are in the same location.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Ok guys thanks for that . I phoned sky and installation is plkus packages is

£199 set top boxes
£ 40 family and world package
£10 for sky plus sub

or can have any other package that includes at least 2 premium channels

seems ok to me

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Now all i have to find is the cheapest phone line/ broadband package