Sky + and Second Digi box.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kevb, Sep 24, 2002.

1. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This may have been asked before so apologies in advance if it has.

If I were to buy a sky+ box and keep my existing digi box and take up the 2nd box subscription offer, could I transfer the viewing card to another digi box elsewhere, say my parents house?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Yes you can

BUT as soon as the two digiboxes are instructed to call back by SKY and they fail to respond correctly you will receive a letter from SKY informing you of your breach of the T&C's then if both boxes are not subsequently connected to the same phone line when they are next polled SKY will probably terminate the account and/or bill you for the balance of the minimum term.

Unlike the standard subsidised digibox phone requirment which SKY doesn't really keep an eye on the "mirror" subscription is monitored and acted upon when the terms are broken.

3. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :(

Thanks for the info.:)

4. PlasmaIan

PlasmaIan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    considering getting sky+ (just received exclusive invitation offer !!) I assume from reading above that i must have my mirror digibox connected to a phone line for first year.

what position if not practical to run another phone socket from the room - already have 6 sockets for phones pc's etc. if i connect up once a week-overnight via a BT extension cable would this be sufficient for sky to register me as a user - when is best time?

is the £15 mirror sub with sky+ for 12 months or for ever ?

thanks

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you choose to take the "mirror" subscription then both SKY+ and your existing digibox MUST be connected at all times to the same phone line for the duration of the "mirror" subscription.
    Have a read of this post......davep(DS)

I do not know the exact terms of the deal you have been offered so can't comment on the minimum terms of any subscription.

6. androidgb

androidgb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The letter states to qualify for the offer you have to keep the "full package for at least 12 months" which would suggest that this offer is ongoing. However like all Sky services it will be subject to increase in the normal way.

They also state that they are increasing the second box charge for new subscribers to £15 from 8th October.

If anyone who already has Sky and is thinking about going the SKy+ / additional subscription route now might be the time