1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ and Panny 50" plasma problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by delta, Nov 10, 2003.

1. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was using my Sky digibox connected to my Panny plasma PC input with a syncblaster cable to enable me to have an RGB input and it worked well. Now I have changed to Sky+ and it will not work using the syncblaster. I don't know why. What alternative do I have to enable an RGB picture? The Panny S socket is used for my VCR and the component input for my DVD player. My amp is a Denon 11SR. I am totally confused and would appreciate lay-mans terms please. :rolleyes:

2. IanM

IanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry if this sounds obvious, but are you sure that you've configured Sky+ to output RGB and that you have plugged the SCART into the correct socket? The VCR socket on the Sky+ box does not do RGB out.

Cheers,
    Ian.

3. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was so obvious we couldn't see it! You are right and I should have realised because this has happened before. The Sky+ box was set to 'PAL' and the only way I could switch it to RGB was to connect a S video lead to the plasma and access the menu that way. However we now have a picture, but no thanks to Sky. I spent some two hours chatting to various 'technical' people to try and resolve the problem and their advice ranged from, "Plasma might have switched itself to 100Hz and Sky+ only works on 50Hz", to "The only way you can get RGB to your plasma is through the optical output"!!!

Anyway, thanks again, all is well now. I hope!