Sky + and other escalating costs!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Jim Robson, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    "Customers have the option of moving their existing set top box to another room with a linked subscription which will 'mirror' their main package for a flat rate of £12 per month. The quad LNB [supplied with the SkyPlus box] enables customers to watch a different channel in a different room with their existing set top box."

As I was one of the early adopters who paid £200 in October 1998 for my box I now face having to fork out £300 for Sky Plus + £50 for installation + £10 per month + £12 @mirror fee' for my original box + the increase on my present subscription (around £5 on top of my present £11.99) when the subsidy runs out in September. Sky Digital is beginning to look very expensive indeed and I don't even subscribe to Sky Sports or any of the Movie Channels!

Regards

Jim :D

2. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
    I'm in the same boat as you Jim, it's bad enough having to pay a £10 P/Month sub for Sky +, but also having to swallow another £4 increase in my subscription is going to hurt.
    My total Sky + package will cost £26 P/Month, and don't forget the TV License. This will make my annual TV bill to around £420 a year.
    This is becomming a very expensive past time, thank God I don't like football!!!!