Sky + and old box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by freduk, Jan 13, 2004.

1. freduk

freduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When the nice Sky man comes to fit my new £99 Sky + box (thanks guys) i do not want to pay for a mirror sub for my old sky box. I presume this box is now mine as i've had it over a year.
    I think i can use my old sky card to get some freeview channels on this box as it is matched - is this correct? Do i need to keep this connected using the old card or can i take it away to "another location" ??

Fred

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    When I upgraded they used my existing card & rang up to tie it to my Sky + box. FTV cards are available from Sky (£20 ish one off), or you can watch some channels with no card (poor selection). I think cards are tied to a box, not a location , to help prevent fraud & theft. The old box is yours, but as my link is all I need, I wasn't spoiling my daughter with cartoon network @ £10+ a month in her room! Theres not enough hours in the day to watch all the quality viewing with+ & not enough rooms in my house for +, link & extra box. I sold mine on Ebay & bought a bigger Hard Drive for +.

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You must put your existing (dark blue) Sky card in your SKY+ Digibox.

You can not receive digital terrestrial "Freeview" programmes with a Sky Digibox and FTV card. That's a common misconception. But you can receive "Free To View" programmes with an FTV card.

These cards are supposed to be available for purchase till January 30th but I read on another forum that they'd sold out.