SKY+ and OFA Kameleon

L

leesbriggs

Hi all.

Has anyone got a Kameleon and Sky+? Does the Kameleon control everything? Obviously you can get it to control channel up/down, play/record etc, but what about TV guide, services, etc.

Also, I've got a Sony DAV-S888. Can you get it to control all the little things like the amp menu, etc.

If it does EVERYTHING on these two, I will probably get one. Where's the best price?

Cheers.

Just a little advice about the Kameleon:-

I actually bought the Kameleon and took it back 2 days later regretting that I did. Reason I say this is because:-

1. Once out the box the Kameleon to me looked like a childs toy from Fisher Price.

2. It makes a really annoying humming noise when lights are illuminated (Which is normal according to their website).

3. And most of all if you put the Kameleon on the armrest of your sofa and then move slightly it triggers off the lights or if you put it on to the table and then the dog or something bumps into it, that will trigger off the lights. This is because it has a motion sensitive switch inside.

I am only talking from my own personal experience so it maybe worth doing a liitle more research into it first. :rolleyes:

I actually like the remote (i have several others...pronto/sony 2000 etc).
It is a bit big though!
It does eat batteries(three months max), so i use NiMH rechargeables.

Yes it does control most of the SKY+ functions, via three different screens/pages.

It doesn't have dedicated buttons for Box office/Services/Interactive.
Although you can access these from the Tv guide button, then scroll across etc.
You can program four custom buttons if you want these on there own dedicated button etc.

The only button i can think of that is labelled differently is the "SKY" button. This is labelled "EXIT" on the Kameleon.

As for the buzzing/whine from the screen. This is no louder than my pronto. Ie you have to hold it near your ear to hear it, maybe some are louder than others.

I must admit, i didn't really like it when i first got it, but it has grown on me and i now use it instead of the Sky remote etc.

Oh and the backlight is sensitive, a "knats fart" can set it off from across the room!:laugh:

I probably won't go for a kameleon then. I have heard some bad things about it. What I'm after is a remote that FULLY replaces all 3 remotes. I have sky+ a Sony DAV-S888 and a SONY KV32DX30 IDTV. I literally want to stick the old remotes in the cupboard never to be seen again!

What can people recommend. Price isn't a real issue as long as people don't start suggesting £400 remotes!

Cheers.

What model of pronto should I go for and where's the cheapest place to get it. (I want to only spend about £100.

Cheers.

I would advice going for the RU940, goto this link to find out more about it:-

http://www.pronto.philips.com/index.cfm?id=144

If you only want to pay £100, try putting a wanted thread in the classified section. If one does come up, which I am sure it will, you can ask questions about the condition etc. Just make sure that in your ad you state £100 including delivery.
You can buy it new from Richer Sounds for £149.95 even though it maybe worth giving them a ring as they have offers on that product from time to time.

http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemlist.php&c=1603

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom