Sky and Netflix

ittim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm thinking of signing up to Sky. (haven't been a customer for nearly 3 years) The main reason being that I think I can double my fibre speed and get TV recording plus some extra channels for what amounts to an extra £10 per month.

However this is based on my Netflix account being included. What I don't understand is how my Netflix sub impacts the package price. It only seems to be based on a basic account.

We have the Netflix Standard HD acocunt at £9.99 per month. The Sky package I was looking at is I think the Sky Signature pack. It bundles TV, Phone and Fibre for £45 per month.

If that £45 includes my £9.99 Netflix sub it makes it worth while. Does anyone know? I'd ask sky but the chat never seems to be active!

You need the ultimate TV add on for Netflix (£6pm) and HD add-on to get netflix HD
Screenshot_20210326_111311_com.android.chrome.jpg

So actually might not be worth the effort as i'll be paying more than the £45. Thanks for the response! Appreciated!

So actually might not be worth the effort as i'll be paying more than the £45. Thanks for the response! Appreciated!
Sky were offering a Netflix deal for a fiver a month, not sure if they are still doing it. I would be wary of promises to double your broadband speed though - if you have FTTC, then it all comes down the same pipe so different providers make no difference, they just collect your money. Much like the gas.

Sky were offering a Netflix deal for a fiver a month, not sure if they are still doing it. I would be wary of promises to double your broadband speed though - if you have FTTC, then it all comes down the same pipe so different providers make no difference, they just collect your money. Much like the gas.
The only time any ISP might be able to double your FTTC speed is if you're currently on a 40/10 product and you live pretty close to your green cabinet..
The ISP may move you to an 80/20.

The only time any ISP might be able to double your FTTC speed is if you're currently on a 40/10 product and you live pretty close to your green cabinet..
The ISP may move you to an 80/20.
Which the current ISP could do - subject to monthly cost.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom