Sky And Microsoft Deal Brings Live TV To Xbox

phlooke

Just read this on Sky news w/s (BSkyB And Microsoft Strike Xbox Deal: Live TV Available On Games Console Via Sky Player From Autumn | Business | Sky News

Doesn't mention HD though? ...is it possible to stream live premiership football for example across the internet to the XBox? ...if so why would Sky do this? ...I would utilise this as an alternative to the Multiroom subs & additional HD subs. Unless of course Sky are planning to review those subs?

Looking forward to it what ever the outcome.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
I wonder how much the service will cost!!! They certainly wont underprice it with comparable main services, thats just not business economics!!!

nicktherockstar

Standard Member
its SD only,

Its basically exactly the same as the pc version but tailored for use on the xbox. I would imagen they will use points to purchase rather than your sky wallet.

What is more interesting for me is if they will let sky customers download missed episodes for free like they do with some stuff on the pc version which I dont use because of the kservice.exe issue.

loz

Distinguished Member
...is it possible to stream live premiership football for example across the internet to the XBox? ...if so why would Sky do this? ...I would utilise this as an alternative to the Multiroom subs & additional HD subs. Unless of course Sky are planning to review those subs?

you can already do that with Sky Player on a PC
Watch premiership football that is.
http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/watch-tv-online.html

But, you can only watch things in your subscription package - so you have to be subscribing to Sky Sports.

And you can only do it on one registered PC (IP address)

Our son uses it so it can watch Sky live on his PC whilst at uni.

So presumably the xbox variant will be the same.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom