Sky+ and Magic Eye problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Jive, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Jive

Jive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a slight problem, have Sky+ and multiroom in house, Sky+ downstairs and the multiroom box in my step daughters room. In our bedroom we did have the multiroom output from the RF2 to a splitter box in the roof and then to our bedroom with the channel changing via the SLX magic eye.

We now want to have the Sky+ in our bedroom so we can watch programs we've recorded in bed :)

I've activated the RF2 output on the Sky+ box and have bought a 10m coax cable to rewire from downstairs to upstairs instead of going through any boxes etc.

I've got the cable laid out on the floor at the moment and plugged into the TV upstairs via the magic eye, which has power as the LED is red, I've also done a search for the channel and have a picture which is nice and clear so all connections are looking ok.

Only trouble is the Sky+ remote wont work :( I've read a few threads where people have the same sort of problem but none are exactly the same as mine, do I need to buy any kind of booster or have I got a problem with the magic eye or the remote?

The magic eye was working perfectly well with normal Sky beforehand.

The Sky+ remote works perfectly well downstairs.

The cable is brand new and must be passing power for the LED to be on so I'm a bit stumped ... so any thoughts or help I would be very grateful :thumbsup:

2. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    "We now want to have the Sky+ in our bedroom so we can watch programs we've recorded in bed"

Care to elaborate LOL!?

3. Jive

Jive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haha .. yep that does sound a bit dodgy eh :oops:

Ok, what I meant was, we want to watch programs we've taped during the day, in the evening when we've gone to bed ... I've reread that and I hope it sounds better :)

I've also tried another shorter cable, one that definitely works with the magic eye and that still doesn't work with the remote :(

4. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Its ok lol i knew what you meant ;).

Regarding the remote not working, i recently had the same problem. My original box never gave me any problems but had to be replaced when it finally packed in. Sky replaced it and often i couldn't use the remote with my magic eye. Eventually they agreed to replace my box again. They said that the box i was given was possibly an old one and was struggling to work properly with the link. They had previously been saying though that sometimes magic eyes can overheat due to voltage problems and this causes them to temporarily 'die' ie the remote will not work with it. A new magic eye might do the trick but i think you will need an engineer.