1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ and loss of signal issues..

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by museumsteve, May 13, 2003.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    well having loved my Sky+ for a while (liked so much we have 2)..and as we're having a few light thunder storms at the moment the signal is struggling. I accept that signals can struggle from time to time..
    anyway, what I didn't realise was that if you lose the signal, you cannot view stuff on your HD - which I think really sucks. It comes up with a message saying content cannot be viewed if no signal is being received, what the hello is this all about. How on earth can they do this..not impressed at all..:(

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, it's annoying but a by-product of the fact that Sky+ records the digital stream unaltered. No channel to view = no channel to check whether or not you have a subscription to it.

Conversely... say you don't have Sky Movies at the moment but you intend to get it later... you can record a movie now and then be able to watch it when you have a subscription to that channel.