1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ and Live 8 problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sacd, Jul 3, 2005.

1. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any had the same problems as me?
    It was a constant fight to get it to record the whole gig as the box got it's knickers well and truly in a twist because of the shedule changes due to wimboldon etc.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY+ is only as good as the EPG data the broadcaster sends to it which is why for live events and especially something live Live 8 which was multi channel as well setting up manual recordings was the way to go.

You were not alone, the DS forum also has people who had problems with the EPG and now&next data not matching the actual broadcast.

3. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it totally knackered my + boxset up. I am GUTTED, as it failed at the end of the recording, and additionally it says I only have 60% free space even though theres nothing on it. this has happened before and I have to reset the whole thing.
    It was a brilliant concert and now I'll have to probably buy the dvd

4. schnoz

schnoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Same probs as you guys with Live8 scheduling also, digibox wouldn't allow me to stop recording no matter how many times the record button was pressed while viewing or from the planner, so ended up with about 45 mins more than I wanted.

5. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Worked fine for me, I got all of what was on BBC1 and BBC2. I haven't checked the USA part yet though.

6. jmbrailsford

jmbrailsford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    All my BBC1 and BBC2 recordings failed the BBC3 USA stuff recorded but not properly.

I can't believe they dind't just cover it on 1 channel, real shame for all those people working and wanting to watch it later.

Still at least the tennis was covered ok !!!

:mad:

7. mickyd67

mickyd67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Exact same thing has happened to me - I've 30odd% left and there a sizeable block on the line at the top of the programmes I've saved with nothing recorder in it.

How can I get that fixed? Do I need to reset the whole thing, and lose my recordings?

8. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You need to do a 'planner rebuild' in the installer menu. I think it's services 4 0 1 select. But check it for sure.

9. Only777

Only777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Yeah the planner rebuild works and gets back any missing % without losing programs.

At least i now know my box isn't broke. I call it a conspiracy to get us to buy the DVD ;)

10. poinsy

poinsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, I went to great lengths to get this whole event recorded. Don’t mind buying the DVD when it comes out at Christmas, but this was for posterity, it’s nice to record it straight off the box warts ‘n’ all! After all, that is part of the attraction of Sky+.
    I noticed the EPG changing throughout the day, as the programmes were over-running and thought this may cause problems. At one point my Sky box just had enough and turned itself off ! It would not come back on for another 5 minutes. Anyway, missed all the late stuff, Madge, The Who, Pink Floyd etc, not happy :(

Anybody got the full event recorded ? :lease:

11. trainspotter

trainspotter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yep, big problems. I recorded bbc2 1300onwards, and it was on my sky+ box, as i played it back, watching bits of it, and fast forwarding. but with the overrun, it kept on stopping its record. I was not too worried, as I did not want to re-watch annie lennox and ub40, but after it went over to bbc1, I checked my BBc recording, and the box had deleted most of it.

I do have all of the BBC coverage from when it turned over just after 6pm till the end (midnight ish) but I need the first lot of performances on a DVD-R or 2, if anyone has them... please

12. poinsy

poinsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’m sure we can all piece it together, even if bit by bit ! I have the first 3 hours worth, up to REM – half way through Everybody hurts.

In hindsight, I should have simply manually recorded both BBC1 & BBC2 all day and watched it on terrestrial TV!

13. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    That's the #1 rule with Sky+ boxes - if you are recording anything important which is either live, or follows something live (or both), then do a manual record ! :thumbsup:

14. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My sky+ was OK, only problem was the memory ran out so it automatically deleted the first session on BBC1 because my other programmes were on Keep! Doh.

So i have the full second session on BBC2 which I can put on DVD-R if anyone wants it, but im desperately after the first 6 hours on BBC1, i'm holding off watching the second BBC2 session until I can get hold of & watch the first bit.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!