Sky+ and Home Cinema

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gskMike, Aug 25, 2005.

1. gskMike

gskMike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Sky+ connected via scart to my samsung ps42d5hx plasma, with a panasonic dvd all in one combo surround sound package.

I currently have the analogue (phono) out on the sky+ box connected to the TV audio in on the DVD surround sound.

When I watch Sky+ on the TV, I then have to change the amp settings to get the sound output, also when i then turn off the Tv i have to then turn off the amp as the sound still plays.
    Is there a better way of doing this?

Ideally I would like my amp to sense the input channels and switch to the appropriate (as its either my sky+ box or DVD) but failing this is there an all-in-one remote that could switch the amp inputs and operate my sky+ functionality?

Thanks for any help

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You are on the verge of the quantum leap that you have to make to achieve proper cinema sound. You need to purchase an AV Amplifier - this will route both the video and audio from the various devices (Sky box, VCR, DVD, etc) to the speakers and the TV using its own remote control. You won't use the audio in your TV at all. An AV amplifier needn't cost the earth - Richer Sounds have AV amps which start at around £69.95.