Sky+ and hitachi 42PD7200

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by wookie6262, Jul 21, 2005.

1. wookie6262

wookie6262

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have been trying to program my Sky+ remote to control my new Hitachi screen. I have used the method in the manual and their code (0145) which on first viewing appears to work. The remote will turn the screen on and off and control my volume which was what I wanted. The problem is that the input shown on the Hitachi now shows composite as opposed to RGB. When you go into Services, Guide etc. on the Sky+ the screen immediately flashes and shows RGB. The remote then refuses to control the TV. Any ideas please. THe Sky+ is an Amstrad and the remote is the latest version.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    That is a known Sky+ problem. When the TV button is pressed, the output reverts to composite. Goes back to RGB when you press the Sky button. Nothing you can do about it. Might possibly be fixed in the future with a software update.

3. wookie6262

wookie6262

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just off the phone to sky and have now solved the problem. Seemingly there is a new code for this model. She took me through it and it worked fine no more switching to composite feed. The code is 747 and you input it slightly differently to the way my manual says you should input a 4 digit code. Press TV, then select and red together until you get two blinks, then type in 747 and hit select.

4. blondie31

blondie31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am having the same problem with the code 747 though , did sky give you any other codes that mite work ???:lease:

5. oxy

oxy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the code works for me . it controls the tv etc but still goes from rgb to composite , just have to press the sky button when your done .

6. blondie31

blondie31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The remote controls the tv ok, but did'nt know if there was anyway of stoping it switching to rgb ???