SKY+ and Hitachi 42PD3000 - best connection

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by plusman, Dec 4, 2003.

1. plusman

plusman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new Hitachi 42PD3000 plasma screen and a V2 Sky+ box. Currently I am linking the Sky+ to the Hitachi's multimedia box using a SCART-SCART connector, with the Sky+ picture mode set to RGB. The picture is very good, but elsewhere on this forum it suggests using component video connection for even better picture. I tried using a SCART-to-3 component cable to link the SCART out from the Sky+ to the AV4 3-component input on the multimedia box, but was unable to get a satisfactory picture. Am I doing something wrong (e.g. do I need some sort of converter). I also want to ensure that I don't lose the normal to widescreen picture mode switching (which I believe will happen if I use the S-Video output).

Also I have just purchased a Panasonic DMRE50 DVD recorder and want to hook this into my set up so that I can download from the Sky+ HDD. What is to connect this with the other devices?

I've had a look at other connection set-ups on this forum, but am not sure which is bet for the Hitachi.

Thanks in advance for your help.