Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SKY+ and Hitachi 42PD3000 - best connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by plusman, Dec 4, 2003.

1. plusman

plusman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new Hitachi 42PD3000 plasma screen and a V2 Sky+ box. Currently I am linking the Sky+ to the Hitachi's multimedia box using a SCART-SCART connector, with the Sky+ picture mode set to RGB. The picture is very good, but elsewhere on this forum it suggests using component video connection for even better picture. I tried using a SCART-to-3 component cable to link the SCART out from the Sky+ to the AV4 3-component input on the multimedia box, but was unable to get a satisfactory picture. Am I doing something wrong (e.g. do I need some sort of converter). I also want to ensure that I don't lose the normal to widescreen picture mode switching (which I believe will happen if I use the S-Video output).

Also I have just purchased a Panasonic DMRE50 DVD recorder and want to hook this into my set up so that I can download from the Sky+ HDD. What is to connect this with the other devices?

I've had a look at other connection set-ups on this forum, but am not sure which is bet for the Hitachi.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hi
    i am running my sky box via component in to my pj via my htpc /holograph card . Ibought an rgb to component converter i bought a quality one for js technology it cost i think about £130.00 the results are very goo a lot better image than just scart to scart, the component cables i bought were about £50.00 and i made sure i bought a decent scart which again was about £40.00 (qed rgb scart no audio)

i will try and find the liknk to the rgb to component converter for you

http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/

regards

rich

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    If you want HTPC you've started off with the wrong plasma. Have you posted this twice? In the digital tv forum too? Or maybe it's someone else. RGB scart is the best for you, converting to component will not improve it on it's own, all you'll do is lose auto aspect switching