SKY and Harmony 885

jm_paulin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi gurus,

I just got one of those H855 RC, from DABS, and I am a bit confused about how to add SKY on this...

Ok, my box is an Amstrad box, so I configured it with Amstrad, and the colored button do not work (as well as '0' , ...etc...). A bit of a shame for a £120.- device who can control out of the box (ish) my netgear MP101 media server, but not a SKY Box. Surely, because you can by a SKY remote pretty much anywhere, the brand of the satellite receiver shouldn't really matter. All SKY remote works with any SKY receiver no? so here the question:

Shall I stick to Amstrad ot is there a specific device to select to configure a SKY Box on the H885

Many Thanks

Having programmed several of these, you actually need to programme these as 'sky digital' or 'sky+' not with the manufacturers name, this is for the older analogue systems, the codes for the new boxes are generic, so need device 'type' not manufactuer.
You will find this in the drop downs of both Satellite, and Set Top Box selections.
Hope this helps

Thanks,

seems the damn web wizard still need a model number... Any clues ?

Having done one for father-in-law last night, when choosing Device, either choose 'satelite receiver' or 'set top box', then on the next screen when asked to choose model from drop down menu, 'sky digital' or 'sky +/plus' appear in the drop down models, this then completed it for me on this item, if I remember rightly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom