Sky and freeview together

O

oldie

Maybe I should be on the DVD recorder and media forum - but I'm sure you will tell me. I currently have a sky box limited to free to view channels and wish to record programs to a DVD/HDD recorder. Since they don't have twin tuners I am limited to downloading from the digital channel I am watching (Analogue reception is not worth the bother). Is it feasible to add a freeview box and record from that while watching Sky transmissions. My TV, although old, has SCART connectors, and my preferred DVD recorder would be a Tosh XS32.

oldie said:
Maybe I should be on the DVD recorder and media forum - but I'm sure you will tell me. I currently have a sky box limited to free to view channels and wish to record programs to a DVD/HDD recorder. Since they don't have twin tuners I am limited to downloading from the digital channel I am watching (Analogue reception is not worth the bother). Is it feasible to add a freeview box and record from that while watching Sky transmissions. My TV, although old, has SCART connectors, and my preferred DVD recorder would be a Tosh XS32.

Yes its very easy.

If your TV has 2 RGB scarts then just connect the freeview to that (with the Sky going to the DVD recorder and on to the next scart) or swap the freeview and digibox around if you prefer.

If as is more likely the second scart is composite only (or composite with S-video) then just buy a scart switching box, making sure you buy an RGB compatible one, most are now. You can place the scart switcher between the TV scart and the DVDR and Freeview/digibox outputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom