Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky and Freeview channels

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by HouseofMu, Sep 19, 2003.

1. HouseofMu

HouseofMu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If a Sky subscription is cancelled, I understand the Sky box can still receive the free channels.

However, can somebody tell me; Are all the Freeview channels that can be received from a Freebox box available on a non-subscription Sky box, or is it a limited selection?

If all Freeview channels SHOULD be available and I'm not gettnig them, how do I sort it out ?

example channel ITV2

Thanks

2. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you intend on keeping your Satellite receiver then you can pick up some of the channels, however to pick up Ftn,ITV-2,TMF,The Hits and UK Bright Ideas you will need a Digital Terrestrial box you can pick them up new for around 60 pounds.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

The digibox in association with a downgraded ex-subscription smartcard (Solus2 by preference) will allow you to watch all the FTV channels (Free to View, ITV1, CH4 and Five) and of course the FTA channels (Free to Air, no card needed, BBC's, SKY News etc).
    Some of the DTT/freeview channels are only available on SKY D as part of a subscription package, the money raised form dsat subsidises their DTT carriage.
    ITV are paid around £3 million by SKY for ITV2 on dsat so until that deal ends (next year) it will continue to be a subscription channel on dsat.