Sky+ and failed recordings on CNX...

F

Family Guy

4 times now I have tried to record Birds of Prey on CNX and 4 times the recording has failed. But it's not a "normal" failed recording, IYSWIM. When that happens, it tells you on the Sky+ planner. Not here...it just dissapears from the planner all together!! It was defo on there up until 10 minutes before the programme started last night 'cos I set another programme up to watch. Went to watch it this morning...GONE!!

Anybody any ideas?

Very strange... must be a freaky bug. A full system reset may do the trick (if you can afford to lose all your recordings/ back them up): Services 4, 0, 1 Select.

CNX has been mentioned many times in this forum and the Digital Spy forum as a channel that doesn't seem to handle the SKY+ EPG very well. You might remember a phase the BBC went through with their setup and disappearing planner entries which if I recall correctly was a problem with their hardware and they way they updated and maintained EPG data.

While SKY are not responsible for EPG data from third party channels you do pay SKY £10 a month for the ability to record via EPG entries, a channel continuously failing to work with SKY+ is a good basis for compensation. At the very least complaints may force SKY to contact the channel directly and offering assistance to them to improve their performance.

Thanks for that - I'll ring Sky and let them know. However, I'm on the loyal scheme (no tenner for me!!) so I doubt I'll get any compensation...

CNX and Skyplus+ not good !
Typical CNX experience, tonight tried to record Boomtown @ 12.00, recorded 35 minutes then stopped !

I phoned $ky yesterday and they confirmed there is defo a technical problem with $ky+ and CNX - however, they offered no explanation as to what the problem is and to when it will be fixed...:rolleyes: :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom