Sky+ and E20

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fremar, Sep 4, 2003.

1. fremar

fremar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to connect a Panasonic DMRE20 to allow me to record BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4 CH5 and Sky+?

At the moment, with my current setup, I cannot record SKY but if I connect 2 scart leads, when I activate the E20 I cannot access SKY.

Confusion Reigns

Any help/advice appreciated

Thanks in Advance

fremar

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    The best way to connect up the E20 is to use the S-Video socket (and Left/Right Audio sockets) on the back of the Sky+ unit and run these to AV2 on the E20. Then connect AV1 on your E20 to a S-Video in (e.g. a suitable Scart socket) on your TV.

You can then hook up your TV out Scart on your Sky+ unit directly to your TV (and set for RGB). This way you can watch terrestial TV and record from Sky in the best quality mode the machine allows.

3. fremar

fremar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rasczak

Sorry to be a pain, but does the set up you describe above require a special cable?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    No - not really - you need an S-Video/Audio L and R cable to Scart. In my E20 days I used QED cable AV17:
    http://www.hificables.co.uk/acatalog/Cable_catalogue_SCART_to_S_VHS_cables_17.html
    Worked very well and I got some excellent results.

You may need some modified Scart leads to connect your TV and Sky+ unit as, from memory, the RGB TV out Scart on the Sky unit is set too close to the Audio Out sockets. Something like the IXOS 141AV would do depending on how big your TV is.

None of these are 'special' cables though. Why are you having problems? If so do you want to talk through your connections?