1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + and DVD ram

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by novice2, Feb 8, 2005.

1. novice2

novice2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me what is the most efficient means of transferring a sky plussed programme onto a blank dvd. DO i really have to put the programme into play and then record? Surely there must be a means to directly transfer the data from Sky + to a blank dvd ram?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The data stored on Sky+ is encrypted, so it has to be played out via the decoder in the box, so the way you suggested is the only way.

3. mikehibbert

mikehibbert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But whats the point then of the Copy function on Sky?

4. novice2

novice2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think, from reading other threads, it allows you run several sky programmes one after the other while recording onto the same DVD. A neat tool for running over night / while you are at work. Especially useful as it seems you can't record from sky to DVD and watch another sky channel at the same time. DOH!

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    Correct, that is the main use of the copy facility. I normally wait until I've got a stack of stuff to copy and then send it all across the the hard disk on my Panasonic E85. The result is a very big file on the E85, but it can split very easily into separate programs.
    Note that you get the best quality from the tv out on the Sky+ box so I unhook my scart cable from the television and put it into the E85 when dubbing from Sky+ (the video out is not RGB)