1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ and DMR-ES10 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mart280, Jun 9, 2005.

1. mart280

mart280
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just had sky+ installed (pace box) and a strange problem has reared its head, whatever way I connect the scarts it still happens, when the ES10 is turned on and I press the sky button on the sky+ remote the colours change to a sort of washed out green as if one of the colour guns has gone on the tv, when I press the TV button on the sky+ remote the colours go back to normal, if I change the setting fom RGB to pal in the sky setup the problem dosent happen but like most people I want to use RGB, it seems like the ES10 isnt setup properly, but I think I have tried all of the setup options and I have swapped my scart leads about. any help will be appreciated.

2. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sounds like an RGB crosstalk problem.
    Normally fixed on the RGB circuit, so I would suggest calling them and explain the problem on your DVD unit. I also asume that if you put the DVD in stadnby, the problem dissapears?

3. mart280

mart280
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes its ok in standby, I have started using the s-video from sky+ to dvdr and that is fine as well, strange thing is it worked ok on normal sky dig just since I got sky+ that this problem has arisen.

4. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Are you sure the original box was set to RGB output?
    It does sound like RGB crosstalk. Problem is some manufacturers will fix the fault and other won't, it can depend on if this is product spec or not.
    I would contact the DVD manufacturer or it's repair agent and get it fixed, if not, I would ask for my money back.
    Best of luck and let us all know.

5. mart280

mart280
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes my original box was set to RGB and like I said I had no problems, not sure what to do yet, I have to work all weekend but sunday night I will try some different connection setups suggested in other posts I have read.

PS, when I was messing about with setups I had one that seemed to work ok everything in RGB except when dvdr was in standby so I altered it again, from now on I will write down how I connect everything and what happens on each setup, thanks for your help but I have to go and drive a cab now :(

6. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    I'm sure I've read somewhere that pressing the Sky and TV buttons on the remote control can change the output of the Sky+ box. It may be worth doing a search on that.

7. mart280

mart280
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    After messing about for ages with different connections and trying it on a mates TV with the same results, I took it back to the shop and with a slight cash adjustment, walked out with a Pioneer DVR-520H which after setting up and playing about with it I must say I am very happy, lovely PQ in RGB :thumbsup:

8. tangent

tangent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this an incompatibility with Sky+ and the ES10 or was there a hardware fault?

I have Sky+ and was thinking to get the ES10...has anyone else had this problem or is it related to the combination with the TV?

Thanks

9. mart280

mart280
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think I just had a dodgy one m8 but cant tell for sure, no one else seems to have had the same problem so you should be ok.

10. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    I'm pretty sure it's because you were pressing the TV button on the remote, which can change the output from RGB.
    See post number 2 by Rasczak in this thread

11. mart280

mart280
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If I pressed TV button the picture was ok but apparently not in RGB, when I pressed the sky button the picture was in RGB but the colours were wrong like when one of the colour guns has gone on your TV as I explained.

12. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Nothing to do with the Sky+ box, it's just RGB crosstalk.
    It's quite common, just ask a true tv repair agent, it was the most common problem found on VCR's in the last 8 years. Most VCR circuitry has been carried over to DVD, so I would imagine is just a case of adding a mod on the RGB circuit.
    Turn VCR off, picture perfect, turn VCR on (Through the Ext1 or VCR playback) RGB crosstalk.