sky + and component.

umeerw

Standard Member
just wandered whether the Sky + boxes have component connections or are they only scart, i'm ordering sky soon and am trying ti configure the setup in my room, cheers
U

JimmyCobra

Novice Member
well the fitter said yes through a convertor but they left after an hour of trying. i had sky+ on a 14 inch portable on
the living room floor via scart. and they called it a success.
seeking suitable compo from them for disconecting everything in my sig and walking away.

m488dkw

Novice Member
Mines a PVR1 and it has scart and s-video outputs, I use an AV receiver to convert the s-video into component for the TV

It has component RGB - do you mean the Americanised corruption of Component - Y????

choddo2006

Novice Member
YPrPb? The component video format that everyone in the world uses? It's not that corrupt ;)

No, SCART->component is non-trivial (have to matrix the signal so needs an active converter box) so you can't do it without spending a few quid. What is ysp1000? No SCART input on that? Sky+ does have s-video out.

choddo2006 said:
YPrPb? The component video format that everyone in the world uses? It's not that corrupt ;)

No, SCART->component is non-trivial (have to matrix the signal so needs an active converter box) so you can't do it without spending a few quid. What is ysp1000? No SCART input on that? Sky+ does have s-video out.
I was not referring to its actual quality but to the incorrect Americanised terminology of referring to it as just "Component video" without the YPrPb

Apparently YPrPb is better than RGB for DVD playback (due to the way the DVD video is encoded but for Satellite & DTT vice versa.