1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ and communal satellite feed

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Type23, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    first I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find any info.

I live in a flat that has communal satellite (one connection point on wall on flat) my question is has anyone got a Sky+ box in these circumstances and do they think that its worthwhile even thou they can't use all the functionality?

Rgds

Rich

2. thecommissioner

thecommissioner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think i is a case of getting a replacement disk, but this requires the support of all the flats. Thats the postion i am in, and it ends up that i am the only one with sky anyway so its not going to happen.

If there is a get around it would be good to hear about.

Thanks for any help

frj

3. Ridcully

Ridcully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You need to work out the exact why the distribution system is wired.

The most likely is four feeds coming from the dish to a multiplexor. The multpiplexor then has taps which go to each flat.

If you have 1 cable to your flat then you need at least one other tap from the mux. Then either get another cable installed or use one of the splitters that are available to dump to singals down 1 piece of coax.

What you may find is that you have another feed to you flat (usually bedroom) that is TV and FM only. This usually comes from the same location as the mux but just a different set of boxes. If this is the case then disconnect the second feed from the TV and FM mux and connect to the sat Mux. then in you flat put an extension on to the bedroom point to bring it to the sky + box as the second feed