1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ and Box Office

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jkuy9, Dec 12, 2002.

1. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have to be quick as I am busy, so sorry for not search for an answer on this...

Can Box Office films be recorded onto a Sky+ box? If not why not and is there a work around?

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Yes, they bill you when you actually watch the film. Film is saved with full DD5.1 as well, where available.

3. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so it will record the film to the sky+ box but you wont get charged for it until you watch it?

does this mean if i watch it 3 times i will get charged for watching it 3 times? if this is the case it is pretty unfair, i could record it to video (vhs) and watch it as often as i like for just 1 payment. cheers

4. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Yes, and if you don't watch it, you won't be charged.

Not 100% certain on this. It is supposed to be an 'intelligent' charging system, but whether you can watch the film a certain number of times within a set period (as is the case for many Box Office films) I couldn't say. Bear in mind of course that you would be charged for watching the film more than once on Box Office, if it was outside the 24 hour period each time.

Many Box Office movies are copy-protected, so recording to VCR is not possible. This copy-protection also applies to the film stored on the Sky+ HDD. You don't get anything without paying from Sky - they don't miss a trick ;)

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I can't confirm this as I have never recorded a SBO movie on my SKY+ but it will record and should be stored for 7 days then it's automatically deleted.
    Payment is registered on the first viewing and the recording stays active for 24 hours from the initial viewing, after that 24 hour period it will then be deleted from the planner.