Sky and Adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have noticed this over the last few weeks as I am a bit of a channel hopper sometimes - give it a try. Flick through all the channels on Sky Digital and I bet you find that >50% of the channels do not have any programmes on, but adverts. There are times it appears to be 90% !! Maybe they should incorporate them into their EPG. As Bruce Springsteen once wrote: "57 Channels and nothing on".

Indeed, I think they cleverley time all the adverts to coincide so as to p*** off the channel hoppers such as ourselves!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not only that, they are becoming more and more frequent and lengthy.
Eric

It seems ridiculous that 27% of the broadcast time on SKY 1 consists of adverts. You pay a subscription to view the channel and over a quarter of air time is adverts

It's the same for us analouge users, ITV, CVH4&CH5 seem to have all their adverts on at the same time and they have increased from 3 to 4 an hour, and as I said in general chat... I HATE ADVERTS...same adverts time after time after time.
Philmate. :mad:

As we are bumping old threads, I thought I'd revitalise this......

The rotten so and so's at Sky are still scheduling all their adverts so that they all come on at the same time.... It is horrendous, shouldn't be allowed, but at least these days you can record the programmes and then fast forward through them all.

OLD threads!

As we are bumping old threads, I thought I'd revitalise this......

The rotten so and so's at Sky are still scheduling all their adverts so that they all come on at the same time.... It is horrendous, shouldn't be allowed, but at least these days you can record the programmes and then fast forward through them all.

'Revitalising' a Thread after 13 YEARS (almost to the day !) of inactivity ?!? :rotfl:

If you don't want to watch the adverts on Sky's channels - you don't HAVE to watch them at all - by the simple expedient of cancelling your Sky subscription; and getting rid of your Sky box !

The choice is yours !!! :D

yes, I thought it was ironic!

Obviously I posted it very much tongue in cheek, after the re-awakening of the TV discount thread.
I was surprised though, that the message "This thread is more than xxx days old" did not appear. Has this been removed in the revamped forum?

I don't know but the thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom