Sky+ alternative use

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dinglebin, Feb 9, 2009.

1. dinglebin

dinglebin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I've just had HD installed and was wondering what to do with my old Sky+ box. Can I get any use out of it by putting it in another room in the house? I'd be interested to know what options are open to me. E-bay will be the last resort! I like to re-cycle :)

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    You will have a quad (4 ouput) LNB fitted, so you can take a feed from one or both of the spare outputs to your old Sky+ box.
    Unless you take out a Multiroom subscription you will only receive the FTA channels and *will not* be able to use the record functions.
    Multiroom, as you know, gives the same channels as your main card for £9.75/month and both boxes must be connected to the same phone line at all times.

If you decide on the free channels only a phone connection isn't required but it may be as well to get a freesatfromsky card (£19.57 one-time payment direct from Sky) which will ensure the correct BBC1/ITV1 regions, that C4 and FIVE appear on the EPG and also gets you Sky3 and Setanta Sports News

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,304
    Put in the Forums classifieds section , Dai O will be able to buy it then . make sure you read the trading rules first though