1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ after installation questions

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rbecking, Oct 6, 2003.

1. rbecking

rbecking
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had sky+ installed yesterday just a few questions.

Both inputs strength and quality are at about 70% is this ok?

My telephone line is about 4 metres away from the TV but the engineer seems to have only put a 3m phone cable in so the TV won't push back now! Is it just a normal modem cable so I could buy a 5m one from anywhere?

When I go into TV Guide the text seems to be flickering, same with the search and scan bar, and the vertical edges of this seem to be very distorted. I have Panasonic Widescreen TV and when something is in 4:3 mode and I bring up the search and scan bar it also makes the edge of the 4:3 picture distorted aswell. I am using RGB mode.

Does the hard drive turn off when you put the box in standby?

2. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anything over 50% is deemed acceptable

I think the telephone wire is just standard
    modem cable

Can't comment on your tv picture but sky+ on my Sony 32fx66 100hz has no faults at all. In fact the picture is greatly improved from my 5 yr old panny digibox

Not sure if the H/D turns off but the box still records in standby you are better off leaving on your fave channel so you can utilise instant rewind and be sure to get any software updates

3. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The slightly bent edges occur in RGB.Yiu could stop it by reducing brightness,but you should find that normal viewing is ace,and the TV Guide will not look too bad after a few days.Maybe you have previously watched in non RGB,then its quite noticeable