Sky+ Aerial Problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by horatio, Jun 27, 2004.

1. horatio

horatio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I am new to the Forum and I am looking for some help with my new Sky+ box.

My old digibox recently died and so I decided to take the plunge with Sky+. Generally I have been very happy with it so far.

However, with my old digibox I was able to distribute the Sky RF signal around the house via a Labgear multi-way splitter/booster and I was looking to do the same with my Sky+ box.

The Sky+ box was installed by Sky and so, reasonably enough, is connected to both my Panasonic TV and video via SCART leads.

Unfortunately, when I try to use either of the RF Out sockets on the Sky+ box, the picture from these is terrible !

Initially, I was trying to feed the Labgear from the RF Out socket. However, I have progressively tried to simplify things in order to narrow down the source of the problem. Even at its simplest (Aerial->"Aerial In" socket on Sky+ box, "RF out" ->TV) the Sky signal (on Channel 68) is still rubbish.

However, as soon as I unplug the Aerial from the Sky+ box, the signal on Channel 68 is perfect !

As such, it looks as if there is some sort of interference created on the RF output when the the aerial is connected to the Sky+ box. This is a complete pain, as it means that I am currently unable to watch Sky anywhere but my main TV.

Any help that anybody can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Horatio

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure that the RF channel is configured on the Sky+ box? Maybe it's set to a different number?

Dave

3. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +543
    i agree.

try changing the sky boxes RF number, bring it down a few notches.

Had a simliar problem when i was getting my magic eye to work in my bedroom, just needed to change the RF number on the Sky box down a few and then did a re-scan on my TV and now i get perfect 1,2,3,4,5 and Sky on channel 6

Let us know how u get on

Thanks

Dal

4. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Horatio - do a search for 'Sky RF problems?' and read my post on how to sort this problem out. :)

Hope this helps!

A. Dork

5. horatio

horatio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for the delay in responding - been laid up for the last few days and this is the first chance that I have had to reply.

Thanks to everybody who posted suggestions, especially A. Dork. I have now dropped the RF channel down from the default 68 to 64 and it works perfectly.

Just in case anybody has similar problems, here is what I did in full:-

Press Services Button
    Option 4 - System Setup
    Press 0 - (No menu option shown)
    Press 1 - (ditto)
    Press Select

This accesses the Installer Menu (now shown on screen).

Menu 4 allow you to setup the RF outputs (and in my case, to change the channel which the RF signal uses).

Remember to Save New Settings (Ironically, as an IT Consultant, I missed this first time !)

Backup your way through the menus and then tune your TV(s) to the new RF signal.

Thanks once again for the help and suggestions.

Horatio :smashin:

6. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Nice to get some feedback :)

Glad to have been of assistance, horatio.

A. Dork