Sky+ advice

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rcan58, Sep 12, 2005.

1. rcan58

rcan58
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi my diqibox failed yesterday one of the first Amstrads don’t know if it is worth getting it repaired, when I switch on it said no satellite signal, checked the cabling and rebooted etc but on joy. I have always had sound dropouts with this model just lived with it.
    I am thinking of upgrading to Sky+ they must have got rid of the bugs on these boxes by now. Any advice on these boxes would be most welcome plus the cheapest way to get hold of one. Also if you have Sky+ do you have to have another cable run from you dish.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I wouldn't have put up with regular sound dropouts, why live with this since you wouldn't live with any other consumer appliance that had problems.

Each model/version of SKY+ seems to have it's own little quirks (just like most digital STB's to be honest). The mature PACE v2 seems to be the most stable but is being replaced with the 40hour model and only time will tell how these perform in comparison.

If you have a faulty digibox then ringing SKY and asking about a service call then asking about how much a SKY+ upgrade would cost, if they offer you the highest price(£259?) then maybe worth a cancellation which may prompt them to offer you a refurb or even a new model at reduce priced.

SKY+ does require to LNB feeds to make full use of it's two tuners, the install will replace the single LNB with a Quad unit and lay the extra cable.