Sky+ - advice on temporary movement of equiptment

Cudwell

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi - hope this isn't a naff question (I'm not particularly tech minded!)
I need to disconnect my TV, DVD and SKY+ box from the mains supply and temporarily move them into another room (for storage), whilst I undertake some work in the room they are normally in.

Will I be able to do this, and then put it back and plug it all back in again without creating any operating problems?

Advice welcome.

Cudwell said:
Hi - hope this isn't a naff question (I'm not particularly tech minded!)
I need to disconnect my TV, DVD and SKY+ box from the mains supply and temporarily move them into another room (for storage), whilst I undertake some work in the room they are normally in.

Will I be able to do this, and then put it back and plug it all back in again without creating any operating problems?

Advice welcome.

Yes, I suggest you make a note or mark the cables as to which go where before dis-connecting them.
When you re-connect it all and switch Sky on don't be alarmed if it takes a minute or so while it "boots up"...it will do a "Searching for listings" and will go straight to the Sky welcome channel.

A good tip - place all the cables coming out of the wall in a plastic bag, and tape them to the wall with masking tape. This will prevent them getting plaster or paint stuck to them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom