Sky adds new reminder feature to digital service

Tech News

Reaction score
Sky has just announced that thanks to a new upgrade, you can now add programmes to your personal planner or Sky+ planner direct from programme trailers. When you see a 'set reminder' icon appear on selected promos, all you have to do to set a reminder is press your Sky...

Click here to open the original article

this is a handy feature and one i've often thought "it would be nice if i could just add it whilst viewing the channel" but as far as i can tell this only works if you have the red dot enabled and the red dot is unfortunately one of my major gripes about the sky system (until they let us switch it off).

i know you cant have everything you want but the option to switch on reminders and keep the red dot at bay would be my ideal solution i think.

Ciqala said:
this is a handy feature and one i've often thought "it would be nice if i could just add it whilst viewing the channel" but as far as i can tell this only works if you have the red dot enabled and the red dot is unfortunately one of my major gripes about the sky system (until they let us switch it off).

i know you cant have everything you want but the option to switch on reminders and keep the red dot at bay would be my ideal solution i think.

whats this red dot about ??

cheers
rob

on certain programs ads a red dot appears to say you can press the red button and use an interactive feature related to what you are viewing. however this red dot stays on screen the whole time it is available and only goes away if you press back up, and even then it just comes back if you change channels or an ad break comes on. asides from being a distraction on the screen it is also a static image that if left on constantly could cause screen burn whereby its image is permanently burnt into your screen.

in the last update sky gave us the option to always have it turned off which for a lot of people was a godsend. i'm just merely lamenting now that personally i think it would be cool if i could enable the green reminder icon to only appear during these specific preview ads. however thinking about it. i guess i might be able to just press green when there is an ad on for a tv show regardless of if the dot is shown or not. i shall have to try it if i remember.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom