Sky Active Burn in

googlybear

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Is it possible to disable the "press the red button" prompt from Sky as i am starting to get burn in from it on my plasma.
Maybe i can sue Sky for damaging my Plasma???? :smashin:

No its not. you have to press 'backup' everytime you change channel of after an ad break

What would happen if you don't have phone line connected? Would it make a difference?

No difference - the pause trick is the best. Pause for 10 secs then you get uninterrupted red-button-free viiewing until you switch channel no matter how many add breaks. Basically if it aint 'live' feed you dnt get a red dot. Rollox really.

banjo21 said:
No difference - the pause trick is the best. Pause for 10 secs then you get uninterrupted red-button-free viiewing until you switch channel no matter how many add breaks. Basically if it aint 'live' feed you dnt get a red dot. Rollox really.

Nice trick that Banjo................ :smashin:

geeWcee said:
Wot plasma have you got googly?

I have the LG RZ-42PX11. Had it for around 3 weeks now. The PQ is a lot better than at first (run in needed i guess) and i am very happy with it.

3 weeks seems a bit early to be getting screen burn. I presume you have run it on low brightness and contrast settings for a while?

geeWcee said:
3 weeks seems a bit early to be getting screen burn. I presume you have run it on low brightness and contrast settings for a while?

yes i have. The contrast was turned down to 40 and low power turned on and brightness at 50 for 3 weeks. I put them up last night

What?

I've just got one of this screen (still trying to confirm that its not got a fault) and I am not going to be running those levels. I bought the thing to use, not run in. It does not state in the manual to do this although I have been making sure that I don't leave the red dot or any static images up.

One thing I do notice though is that the no input signal thing does a temp burn even though it jumps around the screen every few seconds.

The 2:35:1 black bars don't burn even after hours unlike me bro's Hitachi. But this is only temp on his screen.

Am I going to damage this thing.

Sounds like plasma is not fit for the mass market if they need running in with very low settings.

M

What's so bad about running in a plasma to ensure maximum usable life?

If you bought a brand new car you would run it in for several hundred miles before really putting your foot down. you would do this to ensure the engine wasn't damaged early on.

Although a plasma is not mechanical, the phosphors do benefit from being exercised gently before going bansia on the brightness.

There is a lot of evidence that the best way to run in a car is to drive it hard straight away from new. It lets the engine know what to expect and bes in the components. I know it is mechanical and not electrical but could this be the way to go with plasmas.

just a thought

Curleous

It is strange that none of the plasma manuals I have read (only a few though) talk about running low settings for 200 hours or so before uing it as normal.
That said, I am using low brightness/contrast settings till at least 200 hours.

some of it may be just ghosting. I know that if I play halo2 or whatever for a couple of hours straight, that there is an after image left of the HUD etc. This disappears after a few minutes on a normal TV picture that is costantly changing.

also, the red dot bit is a complete pain, along with channel id logos, but have got our 6yr old and 2.5yr old to remove it when then see it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom