Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky Activate!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Thor, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not content to burn our screens with logos, Sky is now using the red activate logo on the right side of the screen to burn another mark into our tv's. Another two corners of the screen to go and they will be happy then, I suppose.:mad:

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    These little buggers are a pain, but easily removed if you press the backup button.

Pity you've got to do it everytime after an Ad break though. Nice if it could be setup in the menu as an option - No DOG's or Sky Active buttons. Now that would be nice :D

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    They must have a department who's sole purpose is to think up things to annoy their subscribers !

Backup works but like you said it's after every bloody ad break plus nothing you can do if you have recorded the program.

Just a thought, when do you think the first law suit will be filed againest a channel for screen burn caused by a logo:)

4. Xeonic

Xeonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't laugh, that burn in thing is more serious than you think! With more people using large screens, projectors, plasmas e.t.c -not me, yet :( - the red "dot" could be about 1ft wide !! I remember using green screen monitors(!) at work with an "L" burnt in from the constant spreadsheet use .....

Also, if you're past the "keep it connected to the phone or else period", then why should you have to be reminded to shop, gamble, buy a cd or anything else when you just want to watch the footie??

5. Meldrew_Lives

Meldrew_Lives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, just in case you are not aware of it there is a web site campaigning for the removal of logos:-

http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/

It seems to me that as well as making our views known here (so Sky and others can ignore them) it would be a good idea to support this initiative. Membership is free so give them a hand.

If I am preaching to the converted - apologies.

6. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yep, already did it a couple of days ago, but I think it was more biased towards branding of the BBC channels. Correct me if I'm wrong.:rolleyes:

7. Meldrew_Lives

Meldrew_Lives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No- I think it is aiming to address all the broadcasters who put logos on the screen - at least that's how I read the stuff on their site.

The sooner the broadcasters get jolted out of their arrogant complacency the better!