Sky+ a little help?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pieguts, Mar 12, 2006.

1. pieguts

pieguts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The father inlaw wants to upgrade from normal to Sky+.
    He doesnt want multiroom,and I dont want tothreaten to canel.
    He is getting on a bit he recently phoned up and they told him a price of £250! Is this correct?seems an awful lot.
    He has got the full package except the sports.
    Thanks

2. xxxx

xxxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    You should.
    Sky will walk all over you unless you walk over them first. Be ruthless: that's all they understand.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    His best bet would be to sign up for multiroom which will cost him £89 + £10 a month x 12 which = £209 with free installation. Keep it for 12 months (the minimum contract), then cancel the multiroom and sell the second box on Ebay. He would still be in pocket.

Otherwise, it might be worth talking to a couple of aerial installers, and see if they can offer a better deal.

4. jason44mag

jason44mag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi Pie guts

It depends on how long you have been a customer? if more than twelve months its very simple to get it cheaper.

Firstly phone sky & tell them you want to cancel your subs, they will then ask why and after some explanation i.e you cant afford to pay £250.00 for an uprgade so your buying a dvd recorder etc, they will put you through to cancelations department.

This department will then again ask why you want to cancel, give them the same answer & then they will offer you sweetners to stay i,e sky+ for £65.00 to £90.00 including installation, job done !!

Its important to remeber though that at first sky will say ok to you cancelling (at the first stage) dont panic, they want your money so hold your nerve and hey presto £190.00 in your pocket.:thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Jason

P.s ive already posted a thread on this subject & had many replies from people who have suceeded in getting the upgrade cheaper, check out my post.

good luck:clap:

5. pieguts

pieguts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the replies,the trouble is my father in law loves Sky and I know he would be beside himself with grief if they cancelled it.:rolleyes:
    Ill probably go over there tomorrow and do it for him.

6. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Dont be disillusioned by sky threats of "if you cancel you cannot come back" they are in the buisness of making money, they will do their damdest to stop you cancelling including giving you a great deal on sky plus, they want you to sign that contract,because on paper it is guaranteed income, and to there accountants thats like money already in the bank=greater profit

7. pieguts

pieguts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I finally got Sky+ for £65.
    What a palava...I wont go in to it, cos it will bore you rigid..lets just say,
    I Hate sky..but i did manage to save the old man nearly £200.:rolleyes: