Sky 3d test card encrypted

dankent85

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have sky 3d and all programs and films work fine. I've noticed in the planner a 15min long sky 3d test card. As its on at silly times I the night I tried recording it in the hope that I can tweak my 3d settings to be even better.

When i try to playback the test card the following day, I just get the standard sky blue screen saying I need to activate my 3d viewing online. When I record other 3d films and tv shows they work fine when I watch them back. Any ideas? Is the test card working for any others?

To be clear - do you have SkyWorld?

Yes, I have the full sky world package. All other programmes work fine on the sky 3d channel. I can record them too.

I've not tried watching the test card live to see if that works but it's on in the middle of the night so don't really get a chance

I recorded it a while back without any problem.
It was probably a one-off error that you got but let us know if you try again.

Yes, it'll come in handy.
Admission - I watched the opening of the opening, in 3D - it was weird - all those chimneys coming up out of nowhere and going back down again - were they meant as reflections of the UK - apologies, GB - idea of erotica?

Last edited:
That might do it, for some;) people.
Does anyone know why the people in it and other forms of pat-the-ball keeping going into a huddle and a hug, and whether they realise how idiotic it makes them look?:confused:

I've seen this a couple of times and found the reason.

The 3D test card is usally the last programme of the day and is preceeded by a film which requires a PIN to purchase it as its PPV.

The SkyHD box starts recording a few minutes before the test card starts so the recording starts with the end of the PIN required section.

When I skip for a few minutes the recording opens up and the test card can be seen.

Hi. I have sky 3d and all programs and films work fine. I've noticed in the planner a 15min long sky 3d test card. As its on at silly times I the night I tried recording it in the hope that I can tweak my 3d settings to be even better.

When i try to playback the test card the following day, I just get the standard sky blue screen saying I need to activate my 3d viewing online. When I record other 3d films and tv shows they work fine when I watch them back. Any ideas? Is the test card working for any others?

...... it was weird - all those chimneys coming up out of nowhere and going back down again - were they meant to reflections of the UK - apologies, GB - idea of erotica?

To a "bookeeper" the Industrial Revolution" was the invention of the pencil..........:rotfl: Closely followed by the comptometer..........

No pencil allowed - all must be in ink - but comps were great - a room full of them and their operators.:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom