Sky 3D questions

logiciel

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Who has a 3D TV, has called Sky to activate the 3D channel, and has answered their questions about the TV?
Who knows why they want to know?

Who has a 3D TV, has called Sky to activate the 3D channel, and has answered their questions about the TV?
Who knows why they want to know?

My 3DTV is on it's way, i called up Sky about a week ago.
All they asked me was what 3DTV i had brought and where from.
Job done, was on within a few minutes.:thumbsup:

I have a friend who called up and they asked for a serial number
of 3DTV, he said it was on the wall, no problem they switch 3D
service on.

what do we think the chances are that sky will start to charge for this.

I know at the moment you have to sky world and the hd package so they may just stick with that until the have a lot of content

I got stuck at that first stage, when I couldn't bother to tell them the exact model number.
The web site says they also need the serial number, but the friend's experience says to me to try again, so I will. :thumbsup:

So that time, no questions at all about the TV, and it was working within seconds.
Anyone know why they ask about it, in some cases?

So that time, no questions at all about the TV, and it was working within seconds.
Anyone know why they ask about it, in some cases?

Not sure mate, can't see it as a big deal. :confused:

I've had so much nonsense from Sky calls recently that the first one was just another irritation to add to the list.
If only all calls to them went as well as the second one. It was still a nuisance though to have to sit through her reading a script about the dos and don'ts of 3D. When they do ask the make model and serial of the TV, what do they do with the information?:confused::)

I have been yet again infuriated with Sky's constant ripping the public off!

I've just bought a 3D TV and I was looking forward to turning on the the Sky 3D channel for free (for once!). I called Sky to activate it and I was told I could not get it as I did not have the sports channel pack. I reminded them that I pay them circa ÂŁ75 pm for Movies, HD Pack, 4 Entertainment Pack, Sky Talk, Phone Line Rental, Sky Broadband Unlimited. I was prepared to add multi-room on the same phone call but decided against it as I felt insulted at not being allowed 3D Channel as I do not have Sports Pack!...I have no need for Sports!

When are Sky going to be taken on by OFCOM for overcharging and monopolising the market?

No doubt they will want to charge me for watching my 3D TV when the channel becomes fully live!!!

I have no need for Sports!
Nor have I - in this age of sports worship, well done on admitting it!
I can't think of anything that I need less.:thumbsup:

People in here keep talking about the WC. Only until recently I thought they were saying What Channel not World Cup!!!:laugh:

And you can guess what I thought it was - and still think so.:D

I have been yet again infuriated with Sky's constant ripping the public off!

I've just bought a 3D TV and I was looking forward to turning on the the Sky 3D channel for free (for once!). I called Sky to activate it and I was told I could not get it as I did not have the sports channel pack. I reminded them that I pay them circa ÂŁ75 pm for Movies, HD Pack, 4 Entertainment Pack, Sky Talk, Phone Line Rental, Sky Broadband Unlimited. I was prepared to add multi-room on the same phone call but decided against it as I felt insulted at not being allowed 3D Channel as I do not have Sports Pack!...I have no need for Sports!

When are Sky going to be taken on by OFCOM for overcharging and monopolising the market?

No doubt they will want to charge me for watching my 3D TV when the channel becomes fully live!!!

I would of told them to cancel my account there and then.

i was also told this so said i will upgrade and take the sports even when i dont wacth them and i got given a 25% dicount off my whole package for 6 months so i think works out cheaper.

But you aint missing out on much i would wait until the channel has full programs on rather than previews.

Yes its good to see some 3d content when you have a new tv but if you have a ps3 just download some of the new 3d games to test your 3dtv much better imo.

i was also told this so said i will upgrade and take the sports even when i dont wacth them and i got given a 25% dicount off my whole package for 6 months so i think works out cheaper.

But you aint missing out on much i would wait until the channel has full programs on rather than previews.

Yes its good to see some 3d content when you have a new tv but if you have a ps3 just download some of the new 3d games to test your 3dtv much better imo.

I have already tried the cancel my account thing the last time I had an issue with Sky over a refund that was due to me and I am currently on a 6 months 50% discount, so I dont think telling them I will cancel again will buy me anything more.

Certainly it would have been nice to watch some 3D telly and nor do I have a PS3, however I do have 3D Blu-ray player with Monster v Aliens 3D and I also downloaded some 3D clips online to a USB memory stick and I have about 10 short clips with 3D content.

I suppose now I will wait until Sky launches the 3D channel in full and then be complety ripped off and over charged for the privilidge!!

Just out of interest - does anyone watch the channel without glasses and see the 3D, using the technique those old 3D photo books used to explain?

Unless your eyes can polarise themselves (or switch on & off 120 times a second) I doubt it ;)

Unless your eyes can polarise themselves (or switch on & off 120 times a second) I doubt it ;)

I think he might be referring to the side by side picture that is 2x960x1080i, some people can, apparently, make there eyes undiverge? and see an image of sorts.

Correct, and it works. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom