Sky 3D PPV

Nevaborn

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need some info.

The Sky box recorded Kingdom of Plants earlier this evening on Sky 3D. While it was doing it I was playing games with my friend.

I went back to Sky and saw Dredd 3D was playing on Sky 3D.

I never bought this and the channel never asked for pin. As if it had It wouldnt be playing as I never wanted the film. ( have the Blu Ray ).

Ive shot an email off to Sky.

I want to know as a Sky World customer with Sky 3D do we get them free ( doubt it lol ) if not why the Hell was it playing. We never ordered it.

Last edited:
Ok it wont let me watch now.

Seems only showed like first 10 mins.

Turned it off before that. Stupid really.

Yeah it shows the first 10 minutes as a tempter. if the banner at the bottom of the screen never went away then you haven't bought it and it'll encrypt soon after.

Miss Chief said:
Yeah it shows the first 10 minutes as a tempter. if the banner at the bottom of the screen never went away then you haven't bought it and it'll encrypt soon after.

Feel kind of stupid lol had Sky for like 15 years. But I never buy ppv. For the price id rather spend extra £10 and own the Blu Ray lol.

It was just a knee jerk reaction as I dnt trust Sky, I know how money grabbing they are. They could try saying by Watching the Start it counts as watching the film. >.>.

I dont think they should show any of it if you haven't bought it. They show enough movie previews.

How come you've not caught on to this before?:)
They've done it this way ever since the channel started - show you the first few minutes, then encrypt it.

Feel kind of stupid lol had Sky for like 15 years. But I never buy ppv. For the price id rather spend extra £10 and own the Blu Ray lol.

Or wait three months until it's on Sky Movies/Sky3D without additional payment.

logiciel said:
How come you've not caught on to this before?:)
They've done it this way ever since the channel started - show you the first few minutes, then encrypt it.

Lol my interaction with Sky stays away from PPV and having only had 3D since December I avoid the channel when PPV stuff is on. Still feels weird them showing the start of a film.

derek500 said:
Or wait three months until it's on Sky Movies/Sky3D without additional payment.

Well look at DKR for example. Thats been out since before Christmas but Sky are still advertising Avengers. So will prob be Easter by the time they get it. Can already rent or buy from Blockbuster for example.

Stevenage Neil said:
If there is still one near you..........:laugh:

Well i was in there other week and they were confident they'd be one of the ones staying as they still make a profit.

my interaction with Sky stays away from PPV
Still feels weird them showing the start of a film
Mine too.
I took it for granted that was the way they do with all PPVs.

Mine too.
I took it for granted that was the way they do with all PPVs.

And used to be with ESPN footie matches - I'd have thought you'd have noticed that. :hiya:

Stevenage Neil said:
And used to be with ESPN footie matches - I'd have thought you'd have noticed that. :hiya:

ESPN what a rip off.

Thing costs as much as Netflix per month and Sky gets NBA now too so no point.

Nevaborn said:
ESPN what a rip off.

Thing costs as much as Netflix per month and Sky gets NBA now too so no point.

I have a 3D TV I Asked sky I just want documentaries on 3D they said I can't I have to have sports and movies channels as well BUT I don't watch movies or sport bloody rip off SKY TV ....if only virgin were in my area

Sky make it perfectly clear that the 3D channel is available only with a Sky World subscription.
I don't want the film or sport channels either but there's no point in asking for a way out of their conditions or in getting worked up about them.

I have a 3D TV I Asked sky I just want documentaries on 3D they said I can't I have to have sports and movies channels as well BUT I don't watch movies or sport bloody rip off SKY TV ....if only virgin were in my area

....and what 3D would you get from Virgin? Answers on the back of a stamp!!

Anyway, it's looking like they may open up 3D to match the 2D/HD sub, so if you have Entertainment Extra and HD, you'll get 3D docs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom