1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY 32SPDP3205. Help pleaseee!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by noddy22, Aug 25, 2005.

1. noddy22

noddy22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just bought my first plasma but instead of being over the moon I'm a bit scared I've bought the wrong one. I bought a SKY 32SPDP3205 which I believe is the same as the HITACHI 32PD5200. I decided to buy this one because of the good reviews I have read on it and it was going at a great price.
    Everything is great with it after I set it up apart from what I believe is called artefacting ( I'm a totally newbie!!). I am having this problem, particulary with peoples skin colour, when people are moving slowly around - I thought it only happened with things like fast moving sport?
    I have bought myself a good quality scart to go from my Sky+ and tried playing with the settings but I don't really know what I'm doing. Does anyone have any advice on how to improve the quality of my picture as I'm toally pulling my hair out!!!

2. paolo999

paolo999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it is artefacting (characterised by things like blockyness around detail or in gradual tints) then you'll normally find this is the source material rather than the display.

Some displays will show it more than others. It doesn't mean that the display is bad for doing so - as far as the display goes it's simply picture detail, albeit artificial detail "added" by something upstream.