Sky 2nd RF out aspect ratio

prusling

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering switching from NTL to Sky. Is it possible to have a different aspect ratio on the 1st or 2nd RF out to enable using it with a 4:3 TV, while using widescreen mode to the main TV via RGB SCART?

Cheers, Peter

Unfortunately not.

I have a 2nd (4:3) TV connected to the RF2 out and it sends the 16:9 signal. So it looks bad if it is a widescreen broadcast (e.g. BBC1), but OK if it is a 4:3 broadcast (e.g. Boomerang, Sky One)

Thanks for the reply, Andy.

Its the same with NTL Digital (although they only have one RF out).

This is something they need to address as increasingly their clients will have a primary widescreen TV with distributed 4:3's, and as more and more programmes are broadcast in w/s we'll get fed up with squashed pictures...!

Cheers, Peter

Call me an old fashioned sorta guy but if various members of the family are gonna watch the same program on various TV's then why not get them all in the same room, make it a family event.
OK, back in the real world now:)

The idea is that some people might want to watch a DVD on the main TV and some others might want to watch Sky elsewhere.

Alternatively the 2nd TV could be in a bedroom

You asking too much of one box to do what you want.

The solution is to get another second hand TV or video which can display 16:9 Pics in letter box format in your second room.

A lot of the Ferguson/Thomson sets can do this and so can some Daewoo VCRs.

Or another Sky box set to 4:3...

Or just going to the pub might be easier and better!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom