Sky 1TB Set top box reset

tphj

Standard Member
Hi
I attempted to "force" a software update which has resulted in the box running with the green light showing but no sound or picture.

How to I reset the box to factory settings

All help,ideas and support welcome.

Paul

Johnbyte

1. Switch the box off at the mains.
2. Press and hold the left and right arrow buttons on the top of the box.
3. Switch on at the mains and continue to hold the buttons until the blue circle lights
4. Release the arrow buttons then press select twice.
5. The blue circle should rotate anti-clockwise and the record and play lights in the centre flash
6. When the lights go off, the box will be rebooting.

tphj

Standard Member
Johnbyte
Thank you for your reply
I followed you instructions to the letter twice,no change. I rang Sky who are coming on Tuesday

logiciel

You've tried simply pulling the power plug and leaving it for an hour or so?

logiciel

OK - it's unusual for the 1.5tB to go wrong but they're fixing it quickly so let us know how it goes.

tphj

Standard Member
The Sky engineer called this afternoon,had a look at the box and said lets try another one,this he did and that worked OK,so he took the original one away leaving the replacement

logiciel

That's all he could do, and it should have been a new one but very probably wasn't.

tphj

Standard Member
He brought it in a sealed box,the box cables remote batteries were all in plastic bags [the same as the original when it was installed].
I am not particular bothered if it is new or a referb.,black white pink or any colour as long as it works

logiciel

:thumbsup:;)

holiday

I know this sonds like a stupid question to ask is the DD sign and DVB signs on the Flap panel or on the other side as I was looking at the Sky Website they have changed the signs onto the flap panel

logiciel

What signs and what panels?:confused:
The only thing on mine is "Sky HD" in the middle.

holiday

logiciel said:
What signs and what panels?:confused:
The only thing on mine is "Sky HD" in the middle.

The Dolby digital sign and the DVB sign, anytime + 3d signs are moved if you go onto sky website you will know what I mean when you do spot the difference

logiciel

There's nothing like that on mine - just "Sky HD" - which I cover up. :)

testtoads

Standard Member
It depends which model of 1TB box you have - Sky changed their mind on what will be displayed between v1 and 2

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom