1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ 17min bug - has it gone ??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Rad, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Rad

Rad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm currently touching lots of wood (not in that way :devil: )

Just wondered if anyone else that used to get the 17min bug hasn't had it in ages, I'd recently gone on holiday and when I came back the disk was nearly full and I didn't have any problems with any of the recordings.

Has there been an update or something or am I just being lucky ??

Rich

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Depends on which version of box you have. If it's 9F2006 or higher, you're unlikely to see it again. If its 9F2005 or lower, you could. Look at System details.

3. schnoz

schnoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Upgraded a Pace V1 9F2024 box with maxtor 160gb drive (if you look at my Kit List it isn't one of the recommended drives,the story's too long) about 5 weeks ago.Due to the number of movies and Live8 recorded,got down to about 45% available.Totting up the hours recorded I thought that some space was missing so,decided to do a Planner Rebuild which freed up the amount to 56% available,great!
    That was about 10 days ago.About 4 days ago the 17 minute bug reared its head for the 1st time ,though was only able to fast forward through the Ads at up to 12x speed ,was able to watch the programme to the end.Today a "V8 Supercars" Programme recorded from Channel 5 a few days ago played a still from whatever I tried to watch, and that was all.Each subsequent programme viewed between numerous attempts to play this would show a still of whatever live or recorded was viewed before it.Then again today on the "Evel" Knievel movie from Sky Movies recorded about 10 days ago.It played fine for about 45 mins then,froze with the display reading 17 mins,no matter what I did,selecting,Start,Last Viewed,Viewer Defined or End it wouldn't play past the point it froze at.
    Im dreading the next "surprises" waiting for me.
    The box has the latest Os and Epg Versions and the original Ide cable.I'm wondering if a Fs Reset and change to a 80 pin cable might be the way to go after I've watched the progs that i don't want to lose. :(

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Tried a forced software download ?

5. Rad

Rad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    schnoz,

That's what I used to get all the time but it seems to have stopped now, it may be worth trying a forced update as Nick_UK suggested.

Rich

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You might need to format the disk again, as it may have been formatted under an earlier software version. I have a 160GB drive in my V1 box, and haven't yet seen the 17-minute bug, but I'm aware that it doesn't always show up right away.

7. schnoz

schnoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi guys thanks for the advice your giving.Just to clarify,the box did have the latest software before installing the 160Gb Maxtor drive about 5 weeks ago.I don't want to do a forced update until the programmes have been watched, just in case.When these are off the disk should I format with Maxtor utility,any need to turn off write verify, then do the update or update 1st?.Re another long running thread, found a 30cm 80 pin Ide cable and will be trying it out,can't hurt can it?.