sky+ 160 box, pic worse than v1 box!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by highlander_777, Nov 2, 2004.

1. highlander_777

highlander_777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Had an old sky + box which has just been replaced with a sky + 160 box. The pic is not as good (running it through a plamsa connecting up a £50 scart on RGB)and the remote does not seem as responsive as the old remote!!

Basically, sky have outsoucred the 160 build to thompson and they have done it on the cheap, typical :mad:

2. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I find the opposite on both counts!

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I wouldn't say Thomson are a cheap brand, certainly no worse than Amstrad and Pace are not exactly king of the hill for quality products:)

As for PQ well that could be a simple case of you being used to the way the tuner/decoder/video stage in your old SKY+ handles the signal and they have all changed for the new SKY+.
    If there are very definite problems then perhaps you just have a faulty box.

4. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I thought my 160 was a worse picture than my original Panny box (non Sky+). But I wasn't sure. After a few days I'm pretty positive it's not worse, but if it is then it is a very low percentage.

As to IR response I would say my Panny was better than the Thomson. Not by much, but a little.

Oh, and anyone with ideas on how to remove the 160 logo, plus shut the hum up a bit please put them forward.

Cheers