SKY+ - 1.30.q software upgrade problems

T

TrevP

HI I have within the last hour received the SKY+ software upgrade on my Pace v2 box, whilst watching something I had previously recorded. When Box rebooted after the upgrade - everything in my planner has now gone , ie I have 'blank' lines where programme information should be...and yet tells me I have 47% free.... Even Planner rebuild does not bring it back. AM I resigned to losing my recordings and just do a full system restore ?

Anyone else seen this problem with the latest upgrade ???

EDIT : If I attempt to 'delete' every 'blank line' a message is displayed which says 'You cannot delete this box office programme..because it has already started' ....as none of the programs recorded were from box office, this message is nonsensical. The recorded programme that I had been watching when receiving the upgrade has now re-appeared at the top of the 'blank list' but if I attempt to watch I get 'This programme is no longer available' !!!

Being a Software Tester for a living....this seems very much like a major bug in the software....how else can the wiping of my recordings be explained...

nope, switched on this morning to discover the update EPG 1.30 q and operating system 1.31AOE, and all of my settings and recordings are in tact

my machine was recording at the time of the update if that makes any difference?

also have a Pace v2 Sky+ box

spook

I've had my PACE V2 software upgraded overnight. I no longer have any recordings, my series links are all gone and I can not use any SKY+ features... apart from that a succesfull upgrade. Nice one SKY.

Same here (settings, recordings and series links intact) ! :)

P.S. You can now turn subtitles on and off without going into the box settings and interrupting viewing. Just press the "help" button on the remote, and use the arrow keys to turn subtitles or narrative on or off.

Woke up to 1.30.q all seems fine - first thing I did was turn the damn red dot off :clap: (or at least restrict the time it is on screen)

Got upgrade this morning. I have Pace V2 box and everything is working as it should be.

I'd left my box playing overnight while archiving stuff from the Planner onto to my DVD/HDD recorder. When I got up to check it this morning I noticed the box had reset and been upgraded. However it appears to have done it after my programmes had finished playing (thankfully). In a panic I checked my Planner and everything there is still intact (phew!).

I too have a Pace V2 box. So it doesn't seem that it's because you were playing a recorded programme at the time. Does sound like a very unfortunate bug. You could try ringing Sky, complaining and demand they compensate you in some way. :devil:

stroppygoblin said:
Woke up to 1.30.q all seems fine - first thing I did was turn the damn red dot off :clap: (or at least restrict the time it is on screen)

The red dot removal........Is that "On-Screen Icon Timeout"?
I only have the option of Off or On.......I thought you could select the time it stays on-screen?
or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Mine looked ok to start. I thought Id have a look at this pin stuff for movies. Put the pin in and it was wrong so left it. Next thing that happened the sound went odd and it said their was a problem with my viewing card then the system reset. On reboot my planner was empty I have a 200GB HDD that is about 60% full so a lot of viewing!
I ran the planner rebuild a few times didn't work. Luckily for me switching it off and on a few time did the trick its all back and I have watched a good 2 hours this morning all ok.
So may be worth some people switching on and off.
Luke

I also had problems ,I tried to watch a recorded program this morning after the update but said there was problems with recording and playback so tried unplugging and plugging back on, but the machine will not now power back on even after a forced update so have had to call the engineer out.

My upgrade to 1.30.q was fine and all recordings / future links ok

I was aware of the upgrade being scheduled for last night and so noted all the details including the %age free left on the disk (70%). This morning the percentage had increased to 75% free!

I should explain that I have a Maxtor 250Gb disk installed in a Pace v2 (replaced original 40Gb disk). Previously I have had problems when getting down to 15% (ish) left with programmes recorded after that time being corrupted (interchanging signals, sound drop-outs or frozen pictures). Now it isn't often that I get that far but have read on other threads that there was a 187Gb limit (to support the 160Gb Sky+) and that could have been the problem.

What I am interested in is :-

- Has anyone had similar issues with filling a 250Gb disk?
- Anyone know whether the latest version of the software might have addressed the reported 187Gb limit?

The increase in disk space free is encouraging in that the increase in %age free might indicate that the additional disk space is being properly managed. I will now try and fill up the disk to see if the problem has gone away.

By the way, I really like the background graphics, far better than that slab of blue and I turned off my red button (disappears after a time but haven't timed the delay yet but is not short enough!) although as the previous post says, not very helpfully labelled as 'On-Screen Icon timeout', but at least it lacks as a backup to when the Sky+ remote is not to hand

All they need to do now is provide a feature to allow you to turn off the channel logo which I know is not the responsibility of Sky but I still can't work out how that logo enhances my enjoyment of their channel - if they were confident in their product then keeping the screen logo free would indeed be an asset and encourage greater viewer loyalty.

That depends on how full the drive is and what size it is. A planner rebuild won't bring lost recordings back - it only recovers "lost" empty space on the disk.

My box received the update last night (it messed up a recording I set for 2am, but thankfully the programme is repeated on Wednesday). All the programmes I had in my planner are still working. I have the film Pirates Of The Caribbean saved on the box, and when I went to start playing it, I was asked for my pin number. I typed it in, and the viewing started. I didn't have to do this before the update, so I went to look in the parental control menus, and there are no restrictions in place for any aged movie. I don't understand, therefore, why it keeps asking for my pin number.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any help would be great. Thanks.

The restrictions are not changeable by parental control, they are mandatory.

Schumi, I think I've experienced the same, but I haven't attempted to rectify yet. I went to bed last night after starting a record to DVD (Secret Window with J. Depp). Before I could commence I had to put my PIN in too.

Any ideas?

Nick_UK said:
That depends on how full the drive is and what size it is. A planner rebuild won't bring lost recordings back - it only recovers "lost" empty space on the disk.
Nick how A new installation would that or full Sky+ reset work ...Jim

A full reset would totally wipe the disk.

JayCee said:
The red dot removal........Is that "On-Screen Icon Timeout"?
I only have the option of Off or On.......I thought you could select the time it stays on-screen?
or am I looking at the wrong thing?
Same here, how do you vary the time to shortest?

Also I had no problems but was not recording. Does look nicer now but what errors did it fix?

Mat

Red dot - you can't vary the time, it simply auto removes it after a short (not had chance to time it yet) period. Not ideal , but prefrable to having to tell the kids to press backup all the time!

PIN no's - Nick's comment about not being changeable is not entirely accurate. Sky enforce the watershed for 15 and above films, so if you are attempting to watch a 15 or 18 rated film before 9pm, you will have to enter your pin number. The parental control adds other functionality to manually force certain channels or recordings to require a PIN to access them. Adult channels can be removed from the listings completely.

a bit OT, but does anyone recall the rumours of a Sky+ upgrade which would allow recordings to be set over a mobile phone? (or was it the intraweb?)

Has this been shelved or does anyone have "insider" knowledge?

Well I've had my upgrade and so far I don't seem to have had any problems - all my recordings and series links are still there.

I like the new background, but I wish they'd done something with the menu option back colour as well - maybe lightened it or something.

My box received the update last night (it messed up a recording I set for 2am, but thankfully the programme is repeated on Wednesday). All the programmes I had in my planner are still working. I have the film Pirates Of The Caribbean saved on the box, and when I went to start playing it, I was asked for my pin number. I typed it in, and the viewing started. I didn't have to do this before the update, so I went to look in the parental control menus, and there are no restrictions in place for any aged movie. I don't understand, therefore, why it keeps asking for my pin number.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any help would be great. Thanks

I never set a PIN but it still insists I enter one for some things. i.e. copying items to DVD (but not watching same item). Confused??

If I go to parental control I have to enter a PIN. Is a default PIN assigned, I've trawled through my sky docs and can see no mentionof a PIn no.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom