Sky+ £49 offer (which STB Supplied)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Trev S-J, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Trev S-J

Trev S-J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just taken advantage of Sky`s multiroom offer(originally had Sky+ and Digibox,but now swopping the digibox to a second sky+)Does any body have any idea as to what make will be supplied and fitted?.The sales person did not have a clue except to say it will record upto 40hrs of programs (which I don`t mind about as I already installed a 160gb HDD in my Lounge Sky+ STB 12 months ago).Suffice to say I will probably end up with the "notorious" Amstrad Box (although for just £49 for the box & installation I shouldn`t grumble !!!)Anybody have a clue?
    Trev S-J

2. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,175
    Pot luck I think. I got the Thompson and I'm very happy with it.

I specifically asked if it was possible (to the engineer when he rang to confirm the day prior to installing) to have the pace because of what I'd heard about the Amstrad having an audiable click during normal viewing. I was told I'd get what I was given and they arn't able to chose what I get.

When he brought in the pace I said I was pleased and just didn't want the amstrad and he told me all the boxes are the same and you shouldn't belive what you read on the internet. He was quite rude actually and unwilling to run 2 LNB's to each TV so that when we get sky HD we can easily move the sky+ box to the other room. Was very happy with the quality of the installation done though so he was probably just grumpy is it was 7.45am when he started installing.

3. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I think it was on this forum where i heard that all the new PVR3's were made by thomson now and pace and amstrad have stopped production. Dont know if it is true but it is what i have read.

4. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,175
    It was but since then we have threads about new instalations talking about Amstrad and Pace boxes that have been installed so its possible that thread was incorrect. Also possible though that its only Thompson making them now but there was/is still a stock of pace/amstrad to use.

5. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Thanks for clearing that up, i remember the info was a bit sketchy

6. Trev S-J

Trev S-J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just out of curiousity,will the engineer want to take the digibox back when he installs the second sky+ box or do I get the option to retain it for my own personal use/disposal?
    Trev S-J

7. blakey1

blakey1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Engineer turned up today. asked what boxes he had only amstrads or thompsons.No paces I asked. Advised I did not want amstrad.Went out came back 5 mins later and engineer was installing an amstrad box!. Advised I did not want that box. Off he went to his van and came back with a Pace box! Even though claimed not to have one?