Skrillex is getting bigger and bigger!

RastaMousey

Standard Member
What do you guys think to this newly released tune by Dubstep/Electronic artist?

weetsie

Novice Member
i swear i have heard that pretty lights song in at least 4 remixes now, is there a reason for it? its not like its a new song and its all of a sudden in everything.

skrillex? doesnt do much for me, but probably because im not really into dubstep, recently discovered knife party which is much more to my liking.

english_bob

Better listened to and not seen. He has a face for music, not video.

Iccz

Wow mixed views on him, I think he is the greatest at the moment!

Don't get me wrong I like some of his tracks, but he makes a terrible DJ.
I think there are some better dubstep artists about though, just not got the publicity that Skrillex has - or maybe they're just not as versatile as him.

Ruperts slippers

Distinguished Member
Got to say dubstep is god awful music,we hosted the backroom at a gig where fakeblood was headlining ,before i went on i popped into the main room ,what an almighty racket....
Managed to persuade my 14 yr old daughter to ditch it in favour of something less commercial..

evangelink

Got to say dubstep is god awful music.

Depends what you're listening to. Some absolutely amazing Dubstep has been made over the years, but it's the particularly raw and noisy offshoot that has now become massively popular.

Still in awe of Skrillex's production skills, even if I don't like his music much at all. He has become ridiculously huge now, and comes across as a thoroughly decent guy as well, so good luck to him.

Got to say dubstep is god awful music,we hosted the backroom at a gig where fakeblood was headlining ,before i went on i popped into the main room ,what an almighty racket....
Managed to persuade my 14 yr old daughter to ditch it in favour of something less commercial..

Fakeblood is now really that commercial. Listen to I Think I Like It. Its like some 70's roller disco. All you need is some roller boots and away you go. That's some difference to Skrillex. You may even want to listen to these. Some Johnny Cash and various others used in some of the remixes. Fake Blood's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Ruperts slippers

Distinguished Member
Fakeblood is now really that commercial. Listen to I Think I Like It. Its like some 70's roller disco. All you need is some roller boots and away you go. That's some difference to Skrillex. You may even want to listen to these. Some Johnny Cash and various others used in some of the remixes. Fake Blood's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I was talking more about the night rather than fakeblood himself,just dont get dubstep at all, i agree those mixes from fakeblood sound rather eclectic and alot better than his early stuff.
The skillrex stuff just sounds like a 2unlimited riff on speed..

Ben-H

His Bangarang EP is good and defiantly worth a listen.

He's done a great remix of Cinema by Benny Benassi too :smashin: -

Fmrl

Novice Member
I'm not convinced with the Korn/Skrillex collaboration stuff yet... maybe it'll grow on me.

Also, I've never quite understood why Skrillex gets all the attention when IMO there's other producers, DJs, etc. who are just as good... possibly just because he looks "individual"?

timms1984

Novice Member
i like it, been listening to Nero alot recently too and I don't like dubstep!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom