Skipping backwards and forwards possible while watching recordings?

jonboy99

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered before, but no luck finding it - while watching recordings is it possible to skip forward by so many minutes, without going back into the planner screen?

Navigating through a recording using the fast forward buttons is a real pain, such as in a long film where I want to skip forward by say half an hour.
Would also be handy when skipping adverts too.

I can do this very easily using my panny hdd recorder, surely the sky hd box does it too?

Nope.

It may be that the lack of the time skip is a concession to advertisers where as other boxes do not have ties to the industry. It was interesting to read that ITV objected to the time skip function being applied to any upcoming "Freeview Playback" DVR's.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but no luck finding it - while watching recordings is it possible to skip forward by so many minutes, without going back into the planner screen?

Navigating through a recording using the fast forward buttons is a real pain, such as in a long film where I want to skip forward by say half an hour.
Would also be handy when skipping adverts too.

I can do this very easily using my panny hdd recorder, surely the sky hd box does it too?

I usually use the "Viewer Defined" option just before you use "Select" to play

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom