skip chapter in my movies

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by tim k, Jun 15, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive attached a pic of me viewing a dvd on hd in my movies, i cant seem to find a button that will take me to the main title menu, i just have to fast forward all the adverts, is there a way to do it?

Attached Files:

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I'd love to know too.

3. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    AnyDVD will take you straight to the main title.

4. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,355
    There is a DVd Menu button on the remote, or you can skip chapters by pressing skip - or is that not what you meant?

5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont use the remote, have wireless keyboard and mouse, surely there has got to be a way to skip the ads.

6. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    not without the remote. I had similar problems until I got the remote. And as mentioned earlier AnyDVD has an option to skip ads and trailers automatically and take you straight to the title menu.

7. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats crap, design fault i reckon, surely theres alot of media center users that just use the wireless keyboards, i mean thats the main picture featured on the microsoft mce site, a guy with plasma and keyboard.

8. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you rip movies to your hard drive why do you keep the ads? I assume it's because you want to rip all the extras and menus. When I rip all I copy is the actual film and the DD & DTS soundtracks. Saves alot of room and means the films start straight away, ie no ads, no fbi warnings, no menus etc.
    As for the skipping, I had same problem and bought a remote. I seem to recall pressing every button on the keyboard to no effect.

9. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    the only way is you have a keyboard with multimedia buttons, the track skip button should do it. But even then you will have no ffwd or rwd, just get a remote off of ebay for £20 and save yourself some hassle, you'll find you won't really need your keyboard at all (unless you're playing games). If you have another PC on a network you can do any system admin and installs from a remote desktop session so the need for a keyboard is even less.

10. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    slinkoff you star!! i do indeed have multimedia buttons on my keyboard, and the skip button works a treat/ :clap: :clap: :clap:

mikefish what you said also spurred me on to look into getting rid of the ads completely, using dvd shrink i didnt realise you could re-author and chose to just have the main part of the film. ill give it a go when i get some space (I've backed up all my dvds on my 160gig hd!!)